The Consortium for Advanced Studies Abroad program in Santiago de Chile (CASA Chile) provides undergraduate students the unique opportunity for full immersion into Chilean culture and the Spanish language, while receiving transfer credit to apply towards their undergraduate degree, through living and taking courses with local students. The typical course load is 3-4 university courses plus the pro-seminar offered by the Consortium center. The CASA Chile staff provides students with a list of possible and suggested courses, while also giving individual academic advising, based on students’ specific academic needs.
The CASA Chile Program involves:
- An orientation program to learn about the Chilean lifestyle and to familiarize students with Santiago.
- A mandatory pro-seminar course throughout the semester, aiming to introduce students into the local context through cultural activities, local excursions, and lectures.
- Courses at one or more of three top local universities: Univeridad de Chile (UCH), Pontificia Universidad Católica de Chile (PUC), and Universidad Diego Portales (UDP).
- Daytime and overnight trips to cultural sites throughout Chile.
- Housing with local Chilean host families for cultural and language immersion.
Spanish Requirement: 5 semesters of college-level Spanish courses or equivalent.
Dates: Fall Semester: late-July to mid-December / Spring Semester: late-February to mid-July